Famous Poker Players
Here is a short list of some of the players who have gained fame from excelling at the game of poker:
1) T.J. Cloutier: Cloutier is one of the most well-respected poker players in the scene of poker tournaments. Not long ago, T.J. wrote a book about poker. It is entitled, "Champion No-Limit and Pot-Limit Hold". Amongst T.J.'s many accomplishments was being the greatest money winner at the WSOP in the year 2001.
2) Phil Hellmuth: In the community of poker, Phil is a very well known character. Phil has won 6 "World Series of Poker" bracelets, notably the 1989 World Series of Poker, in the main event of No Limit Hold'em.
Phil's replays for the final eventful day at the World Series of Poker in the year 2001 were dominated by "what if?". He also discussed a wide range of poker strategies, and the value of family to the best of poker's women players.
3) Johnny Chan: Chan built international recognition with his World Series of Poker main event performances, that gave him victory in the year 1987, and again in the year 1988. Chan carried on to be one of the most acknowledged names in the history of poker. Chan came in fourth place in the United States Poker Championship held at Trump Taj Mahal in the No-Limit 7-Card Stud Championship.
4) Miami John Cernuto: Miami John Cernuto claimed that his nickname brought him good luck in his poker playing. Maybe he was right, since he got the name, and won his first major pot, as he entered the "Superbowl of Poker" in the year 1988; he also got the seven-card-stud title in that same year. After that he remained at the top of the poker scene.
In the year 2003 alone, Cernuto won again the "Heads Up Poker Tournament" held in Vienna; he beat about 381 players at the "Poker Classic" at No Limit Hold'em held in Los Angeles, in Event number 5. He won over $70,000 in tournaments, at event number 17, hosted by Legends of Poker - he won $23,000.
5) Thuan "Scotty" Nguyen": Known as "The Prince", he won the championship in The World Series of Poker in 1998, and since then he has been among the highest earning poker players of all time.
6) Doyle Brunson: Doyle is known for his nickname of "Texas Dolly". He won around 8 World Series of Poker bracelets and he's been inducted into the Hall of Fame of Poker.
7) Stu Ungar (deceased): Stu is considered to be the greatest player at No-Limit Hold'em of all time. He had won 3 titles from The World Series of Poker.
These are just seven of the many top poker players.